The March 2017 Google update, labelled as Fred, seems to be a game changer for most websites.
Even though there is no official confirmation from Google or very little evidence from the authority websites, one thing is certain: a recent algo update has taken place.
A lot of people, though, are speculating that this is Google’s response to the recent “fake news” saga. So, a lot of the experts are speculating that a number of affiliate sites and low quality sites have been targeted with the most recent algorithm.
This puts a lot more emphasis on the user experience; not just the content anymore. Here are some tips to help you improve your website:
- Make sure your website is designed for humans, not the search engines.
- Write specific landing pages. Do not overoptimise your home page for all types of different keywords.
- Write original content as much as possible; don’t overdo the content rewriting.
- Make sure that you vary the types of media you use on the site. Start experimenting with video for example.
- Do invest the right type of “social” for your business. This is now becoming a lot more important.
Good luck and get in touch if you would like to further discuss this any further.